Do you want to produce striking photographic projects?
Build your skills with our masterclass in reportage two international award winning photographer will guide you, through a concrete practical training, into the world of visual storytelling.
Be a photoreporter, take part in the scholarship!
1° STEP: WORKSHOP IN BANGKOK
- Dates: 5 – 11 March 2017
- Destination: Bangkok, the modern capital of Thailand, full of incredible contrasts, it is the perfect starting point to discover the many faces of contemporary Asia.
- Materials needed: each participant must bring their own equipment including: digital camera + accessories of choice, card reader to import images, laptop installed with a program of post-production (recommend Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom ), USB key.
Participants will follow an intensive hands-on program, closely guided by their instructors to sharpen their visual skills within their own photographic projects. Through daily group and individual meetings, the 2 Master Photographers will guide each participant individually pushing them further. During the workshop the participants will be given ample space to analyze their photos and to share ideas on how to develop a reportage. Further to the daily meetings organized at our Bangkok Head Quarter, there will be individual shooting sessions with a local fixer and / or one of the instructors.
To each participant will be assigned a topic of interest to be explored within a week.
This intensive masterclass with Giulio Di Sturco and Fulvio Bugani will help photographers structure their way of observing and photographing the world around them. Through a reading of participants’ works, shooting sessions in the city of Bangkok, and editing sessions the two Master photographers will guide each student towards the building of a personal photographic story.
The workshop includes daily meetings a our Studio in Bangkok to learn how to design a photographic project. This is a full-time program offering classes and shooting every day. Students should be prepared to work full-time.
The shooting sessions will be individual. If necessary Giulio Di Sturco and/or Fulvio Bugani will join the participants to help them better understand how to approach the story, the situations and the people. A local fixer will be available as “facilitators” to collect the necessary contacts.
Classes will be held at a professional photographic studio in a stimulating and well-equipped environmen. Each participant must bring their own camera equipment and a laptop with a photo editing programme installed (preferably Lightroom)
The preliminary program will be as follows:
- Day 1 – 2 p.m. meeting at the photographic studio:
• story assignment
• Planning the shooting sessions
- Day 2 – The first morning will be dedicated to the presentation of Giulio Di Sturco work, who will explain his own working method as well as his artistic influences. Shooting session.
- Day 3 – Meeting in the studio. The second morning will be dedicated to the presentation of Fulvio Bugani work, who will explain his own working method as well as his artistic influences. Shooting session.
- Day 4 – Meeting in the studio Review, sharing and collective discussion of the materials produced. Shooting session.
- Day 5 – Meeting in the studio. Editing work. Directions on how to submit a job to a Magazine. Possibility of last shots to finish the report.
- Day 6 – Meeting in the studio. Editing work and preparation of individual slide show. Final party with the presentation of the work done by the participants.
- Day 7 – Final Evaluation. Greetings and departures.
2° STEP: REMOTE TUTORING
- Period: March – May 2017
The second phase of the Masterclass includes 3 months of remote tutoring.
Each photographer will have the opportunity to be guided through individual Skype sessions (twice a month), in order to undertake a second more extensive personal project.
A special Scholarship will be awarded to the most talented participant. This Scholarship is worth 900€ and it covers 50% of the total cost of the Masterclass. To qualify, you must be enrolled by the 15th November 2016, having regularly paid the registration fee. Among all participants, the photographer Fulvio Bugani and Giulio Di Sturco will choose at their own discretion the most deserving student to whom assign the scholarship.
Submit your portfolio as follow:
- a minimum of 15 and maximum 25 photographs in jpg format (72dpi; 900 x 600px)
- a short motivation letter that includes the reasons for the participation in the Masterclass, the applicant’s name, surname and email
- send it by Wetransfer to email@example.com by the 15th of November 2016
NOTE: Submitted work will be used solely for the purpose of assigning the scholarship. Submission does not imply any transfer of copyrights.
- A week of intensive photography workshop with Giulio Di Sturco and Fulvio Bugani in Bangkok.
- Daily meetings: individual and group lessons with the 2 Master Photographers
- Use of a ptofessional Studio in Bangkok WI-FI
- Local fixer for an initial introduction of the participants to their individual stories.
- On-site activities associated with international professionals
- 3 months of remote tutoring (2 monthly revisions) with the two Master photographers
- a final review of the work by a photo editor with personalized feedback and possibility of a publication
- Creation of 2 personal photo projects: one in Bangkok and one post workshop.
- Certificate of attendance
Please note: The following are not included in the workshop fee:
- airfare (each partecipant should book his/her own flight)
- accomodation (each partecipant should book his/her own accomodation. We can suggest an economic hotel near the studio)
- all meals
- Health and travel insurance
- Visa, or necessary documents to get into the Country
- airport tax
- baggage fees
- tips if necessary
- individual expenses of any kind
- taxis and/or other ground transport
- photographic equipment of any kind
- trip cancellation insurance
The following terms and conditions represent the terms and conditions upon which you agree to participate in our photography workshop.
To avoid doubt, throughout the terms and conditions, the following terms will have the corresponding meaning:- “We” or “the photographer” or “Us” means Foto Image and its agents, contractors, representatives and consultants; “You” or “participant (s)” means the party or parties identified on the first page of this document under the heading ‘YOUR DETAILS’; “Workshop” means the workshop you wish to book.
Participants in a PWA Photography Adventure Tour, Workshop and Private Guided Tour must be 18 or over.
Click here to read the whole terms and conditions upon which you agree to participate in our photography workshop.
To participate in our workshop, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your name, surname, e-mail address. You will be requested to pay a non-refundable registration fee of 500€. While the balance must be paid by the 30th of January 2017. Note that all the transaction costs will be at your charge.
There are a limited number of places available, to allow a better interaction between students and the Master photographers. Registration will be closed once the maximum number of participants is reached. It is therefore necessary to sign up well in advance and check with the secretariat the actual availability before paying the registration fee.
The workshop will be activated when the minimum number of students is reached. If this is not reached, the workshop will be canceled and all registration fees will be refunded. We will not be responsible for any costs associated with travel, accommodation, insurance or any other costs other than the workshop cost that may be associated, either directly or indirectly, with the cancellation of a workshop.
Aside from the registration, each student must provide for his/her own trip and accomodation independently.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Viaggiamo per fotografare e per conoscere
WHAT OUR STUDENTS THINK OF US
I enrolled in the workshop to develop my ability as storyteller and to strengthen my photographic skills. I challenge myself, driven by the desire to shoot in a more conscious way. I was rewarded by the passion, skills and patience of the greatest Giulio Di Sturco and Fulvio Bugani who shared their work, commenting on my photos, even the most ugly, bad and boring, giving me advice, pointing out the mistakes and the details that I should seize. They forced me to look the world in a different way, to think that pictures speak louder than words, and that photography must convey emotion and communicate feelings. I have learned in a week more than I've learned in months and my passion and enthusiasm are grown.
Great experience! Fulvio, is an extremely helpful teacher with a great passion for the photography! A passion that is contagious. Fantastic even the workshops organized by him!
Congratulations! Very useful workshops, with high-level photographers. A great experience indeed.